Monday, May 18, 2009

Another Update... Whoo!

And here we are, with a little time on our hands, so we thought we'd give you an update :)


A couple weekends ago we went to Cedar Falls for Shelby's graduation. It was pretty fun. We got to see the newly renovated Village Inn, which freaked us all out, and Chris and I skipped out on commencement to go visit another good friend we have in CF. We enjoy hanging out with Shelby and her bf Steve, and it was nice to see Shelby's family. Also, there was Brooklyn, Steve's basset hound, and she's really sweet :)


Early the following week my dad got home for R&R, so we have been spending as much time as we can with him and it's been really nice. It felt like Christmas yesterday when we were at my grandparents, because both my dad's siblings were there with their families and nearly the only time that happens is during Christmas (everyone is always so busy!). There were plenty of card games and snacks to be had, and my dad brought home several souvenirs for us all to choose from.
----------------------------------------------------

So, we started that post and then went to bed... and now it's Friday. I don't even remember what day we started that other one. Anyway...

I went with my parents to see Star Trek and that movie was awesome! Then last night Chris and I came to visit my parents and he and I went to see it since he hadnt seen it yet. Still an awesome movie. Now we are just hanging out at my parents house after helping them with some yard work (ok, Chris helped. I did some of my own stuff for work).

Not a lot has been happening in our own lives; not anything new, at least. Several of our friends have had exciting changes, or will have. Congrats to Jessz, Brittany and Elle on their engagements! We're really excited for our friends to experience married life, as we enjoy it greatly :). Also, Christy, Aimee, and Valerie are all very close to having babies. How exciting for them to be starting their families! Congrats to them as well :)

We have been really busy these last couple weekends, and it looks like our summer will be a whirlwind of busy weekends. It should all be pretty fun, though. I (Stephanie) have joined/co-started a book club and it's going well so far :).

Alright. I feel as though I'm draggin on and am really distracted at the moment so I will leave you with this: Kites rise highest against the wind.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

The Astronomer © 2008. Chaotic Soul :: Converted by Randomness