Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Midweek Madness

Whew!  Wednesdays are always so long...  Breakfast club at 7 AM, housework until lunch time, work at 1 or 2... during Lent, I don't leave the church until almost 9:00 on Wednesdays because there is a lenten meal before Wednesday night worship and right after Wednesday night worship is Jr. Lutherans.  It's all pretty fun though, and in all honesty I wouldn't want to trade my job for a 9-5.  Does that even exist? 9-5?  Chris goes into work at 8 and gets off at 5...  hmm... 

Anyway, tonight was interesting.  During Advent and Lent, Pastor writes skits to replace his sermons.  Tonight I was a part of the skit.  I got to be Bathsheba.  Haha.  People kept telling me "good job" afterwards and I kept saying "Good job at being Bathsheba... thanks?"  Haha, I'm so funny.... .... yeah.  Chris gets to have Wednesday evenings all to himself in our apartment which is nice for him.  I'm alone here for half of all my workdays, so it's not so exciting for me anymore.  Chris uses his time to catch up on some reading or Awaken stuff.  I'm sure it's nice to have a break from his crazy wife ;).

Scheduled for this weekend: Movie night with 7th graders on Friday, followed by random games with high schoolers til all hours of the night... literally... they stay up all night and play games at Pastor's (he has a son who has 2 Xboxes...).  Saturday morning, bright and early, leave for Awaken in Minnesota.  Saturday evening head back home.  Sunday morning work.  Sunday afternoon into evening and night= Awaken.  Deep breath...

Time seems to fly by now that I have a job.  It's incredible to me that we have been married over 6 months already, and yet it seems like we have been married for years... time is a very tricky thing.  

I get my car out of the shop tomorrow.  That'll be nice.  I miss Lil Blu.  Chris is still insistent that I continue to drive the Jetta, he says I can drive a stick just fine.  Which is mostly true, but it still stresses me out so much that it just isn't enjoyable.  True, I'd probably get better the more I drove it... I really have no counter argument, except that I get stressed.  Haha. 

Ok... these keep turning out to be long.  How about if I do a summary at the end of all my posts and then you could just skip the rest if you are in a hurry.  Haha... let's try it:

SUMMARY: Wednesdays are busy.  This weekend is busy.  Time is weird.  My car is fixed.  I can drive a stick mostly.

Happy hump day!

--The Starrs

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

The Astronomer © 2008. Chaotic Soul :: Converted by Randomness