Saturday, March 21, 2009

Summer/Fall trips

Despite a slow offseason thus far, Stephanie and I are still planning on using the Purple as an excuse to frequent the Twin Cities this fall. Additionally, we are hoping to see some offseason workouts and get some autographs! 

Along with that, we are going to see the Twins play the Cubs at Wrigley in June! Stephanie will finally get to see Wrigley field and will quit making me feel guilty for all the times I have gone without her ;) I am going without her to the watch the Cubs host the Indians later in the summer. I am excited because an old college chum who rarely leaves Kentucky has been enticed by the prospect of seeing his favorite club, and will be in attendance. 

**Tangent**

This brings me to an interesting thought. What is the role of sports in a person's faith life? Football, baseball, hockey, they are all just a form of entertainment. So, thoughts? 

My thoughts:
1-(Don't worry, I only have two) Its a huge waste of time. Acts 2:42 says the apostles devoted themselves to the breaking of bread and prayer. Chili and cursing at the TV hardly qualifies.
2-Perhaps the following of sports is a good excuse to get together with friends. Is God down with that? 1 Coninthians 10 talks about ostracizing of other believers because of their piousnessissity. I may be stretching here, but he seems to say that the relationship is more important than the food or activity. "So, whatever you eat or drink, or whatever you do, do all to the glory of God." Maybe an adjustment of how I follow sports in in order. 

Thoughts?

2 comments:

Anne from Iowa said...

Well, there is something about celebrating with friends. And certainly God's name gets thrown about frequently while waqtching the sports programs.

Life of Shelby... said...

Steve and I are looking into going to some Cubs games over the summer too! He took me to one last summer and it was such a fun time, plus I really love the Cubs.
Maybe we will be there at the same time?!

Post a Comment

 

The Astronomer © 2008. Chaotic Soul :: Converted by Randomness